As part of “Our Time on Earth”, a Barbican exhibition running 5th May to 29th August 2022, MLF created Sanctuary of the Unseen Forest. A 5m projection on a 4 minute loop showing a Ceiba Pentandra tree, visualising the movement of carbon and oxygen through the tree and air.
I was the lead artist on the project, responsible for ingesting the LiDAR scan of the tree, building the root structure, inner systems, and mycelium networks, and lighting and rendering the sequence.
- Concept: Marshmallow Laser Feast
- Directors: Ersin Han Ersin, Barnaby Steel, Robin McNicholas
- Nature Connection Advisor & Collaborator: Andrew Roberts
- Executive Producer: Eleanor (Nell) Whitley
- Executive Producer: Mike Jones
- Lead Producer: Andrew Stone
- Producer: Oriana Neidecker
- Technical Producer: Derek Rae
- Music, Sound Design & Spatialisation: James Bulley
- Lead Artist: Quentin Corker-Marin
- Houdini Technical Artist: Lewis Saunders
- Studio Technician: Andrew Robinson
- Studio Admin: Amin Noor :Studio Manager: Sarah Gamper Marconi